- Traditionally nominated by the incoming Delegate-elect to a slate of area officers [Treasurer, Secretary, and Registrar] at the Fall Conference and Assembly in odd numbered years. The slate is presented to the assembly for approval.
- Voting member of Area Committee and Area Assembly.
- Maintains supply of manuals, name tags, etc. needed for Area Assemblies.
- Produces written minutes for each Area Assembly, posted in the Area newsletter.
- Produces written minutes for the Area Committee meetings and makes a verbal report to the Area Assembly.
Please refer to The A.A. Service Manual Combined with Twelve Concepts for World Service, Chapter Five, The Area Committee, for basic qualifications and duties.