- Elected by Third Legacy Procedure at the Fall Conference and Assembly in odd numbered years.
- Participates in the General Service Conference by bringing the experiences and viewpoints of the Area to the Conference, becomes fully informed during Conference discussion to represent A.A. as a whole.
- Voting member of the General Service Conference, Area Committee and Area Assembly.
- Communicates the results of the Conference to the Area through the Area Committee, Area Assemblies and Workshops, and to Groups and Districts when invited.
- Attends all Southwest Regional events, including the Southwest Regional Delegates Assembly.
Please refer to The A.A. Service Manual Combined with Twelve Concepts for World Service, Chapter Six, The Delegate, for basic qualifications and duties.