- Appointed by the Area Chairperson.
- Voting member in Area Assembly; no vote in Area Committee.
- Registered with GSO as the contact person for Technology needs.
- Chairs the Area Accessibilities Committee.
- Conducts workshops at summer and winter Area Workshops and as requested at Groups and Districts.
Please refer to Accessibilities Workbook available from G.S.O.
ACCESSIBILITIES CHAIR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attendance at all Area 68 quarterly Assemblies, Workshops, and Area Committee Meetings with presentations given as outlined on Area Agenda.
- Attend Special Workshops when invited to present as committee chairperson and/or on General Service topics.
- Become familiar with the workbook and other material pertaining to this committee. When possible, make effort to inform members on the multiple aspects of types of accessibility needs in order to raise awareness in helping to carry the message to as many members and suffering alcoholics as possible.
- Also, when possible, gather information from groups/
districts about how they address any accessibility needs within their community.
- For more information, email the Area Accessibilities Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org
THESE RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE FROM GSO AND COLLECTED FROM OUR AREA FRIENDS IN NEW MEXICO AREA 46 AND OREGON AREA 58
In line with A.A.’s Responsibility Declaration, the Accessibilities Workbook is designed to help Accessibilities Committees explore, develop and offer resources to make the Alcoholics Anonymous message and participation in our program of recovery available to everyone who reaches out for it.
While we all need to access, receive and carry the message of recovery and wish to have the same measure of privileges and responsibilities with regard to Twelfth Step work, sponsorship, and speaking at A.A. and non-A.A. meetings as other members, for some, there are significant barriers that must be overcome to ensure full participation in A.A.
The Deaf Intergroup of Central Texas, Shows a calendar of meetings with an Interpreter available – http://centexdeafintergroup.org/
Group Special Needs Access Survey English Español
District Special Needs Access Survey English Español
Accessibilities Activities Committee English Español
LITERATURE FOR ACCESSIBILITIES COMMITTEES
Literature is available in many formats: Braille, American Sign Language, Large Print, Illustrated, Easy-To-Read, along with Audio Cassettes, CD-ROMS, and Videos with closed-captioning.