- Elected by each Group in odd numbered years, usually utilizing Third Legacy Procedures.
- Voting member of the District and Area Assembly.
- Serves as the link between the group and A.A. as a whole, communicating the Group’s conscience to the General Service Conference through participation in the District and Area.
- Usually serve on Group Steering Committees.
- Encourage group contributions to District, Area, and the General Service Office.
Please refer to The A.A. Service Manual Combined with Twelve Concepts for World Service, Chapter Two, The Group and Its GSR, for basic qualifications and duties.